Subtitle

For babblings about Sean, autism, my thoughts, oh, and yarn, lots of yarn....

Friday, August 6, 2010

Ahem.

Sean loves to tell me things, usually long, involved explanations of what happened in Super Mario Bros. Z The Vanishing Island episode. Or something like that. It's great that he wants to share these things, but I rarely know what exactly he's talking about. The worst thing I--or anyone really--can do is to interrupt him or try to get him to wrap it up a little quicker.

"Ahem! I was talking!" or "Ahem! I was not finished!" And then you must wait until he is finished. He's helping train me in patience.

I think "ahem" is his new favorite word. I've suggested to him that when he wants to get my attention to hand me some trash that he wants thrown away, for example, he should say, "Excuse me, would you throw this away please?" Instead I get, "Ahem!"

A short pause.

"Ahem!" If I look this time, he'll point to the trash and say "Ahem!" again.

I usually remind him at that point to use his words.

If I didn't look, I'll get, "Ahem! I'm talking to you!"

Just call him Dolores Umbridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment